Resilient Women’s Organization (RWO): Women`s Education
Resilient Women’s Organization (RWO) is a registered grass root non-profit organization established in 2014 to empower the well-being of child mothers and young women in Uganda. It currently supports 30 young mothers and their children and its main offices located inKitala, off Entebbe road. It offers a wide range of programs to positively impact the mothers and their children.
Activities to be done by the Volunteers
- Organizational support. Here, the volunteers take time to check out how the organization works, they go through the profiles of the girls, updating the files in the process.
- Teaching. Beginners’ English, Small Business management, basics of good nutrition and Reproductive Health.
- Music, dance and Drama.
- Women Empowerment. Tailoring, Hairdressing and craft making. (Jewelry, bags, sandals, etc…)
Areas of operation
- Kitala. This is where the main office is located. It also has a shelter for 14 women, 5 of them with babies.
- Kigungu. Here, the placement carries out the women’s education outreach project.
- Nakawuka. This is where the placement carries out the farming project. It is also a proposed site for a second shelter for teen mothers.
NB: The Placement Directors will always communicate on where activities will be carried out depending on the given week. However, volunteers will be required to save at least 5 USD per day to cater for the transportation to and from the villages since they are at a far distance from the accommodation.